"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, January 27, 2011

freedom.

The past few days have been wonderful.  I had dinner with my roomies at our regular spot, Dunlay's on the Square.  I found a great new coffeeshop called the Safari Cup.  I spent a night with dear friends.  I had wonderful, rich, expensive hot chocolate from Hot Chocolate with a camp friend who shares my love for the Packers.

The greatest part has been the great freedom I've felt.  Last night when I got a call from Andrea asking if I would come hang out and spend the night, I had nothing to say but, "Sure, why not?"  I had absolutely nothing stopping me.  No obligations, nothing going on in the morning... nothing.  It felt good to wake up and have a leisurely shower and pancake breakfast and then go out for coffee with Andrea too.  What a wonderful way to start the day!

As I begin the packing process, I have decided that this will be the most organized packing/loading/unloading/sorting/unpacking experience I have ever had.  I decide it, so I will MAKE it happen, have no doubt!  A chart with each box I need to pack including type (box/bag/bin), contents, packing order, and destination has been my guide, and will be the bible of my move.  That is, until the time crunch inevitably crushes my dreams and all the planning gets thrown in the trash.  Oh well.

I look forward to February - a month of coffee dates, time with friends, redecorating the bedroom with my mom, reading and repacking; preparing myself for the move, a very programmed schedule for the next year, and just enjoying this time.

Here's to my chart and its effective implementation :)

No comments: