"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, July 23, 2009

painfully colorful.

little did i know how real the lesson on perseverance would become this week. more real than last week, even.
funny how my instinct is to run back to my parents... then again, that's what i was taught throughout my childhood, to come running to tell my parents when anything at all was wrong. makes sense that i'm still doing the same thing.

i was ready to leave here this weekend and not turn back. and then realized that then i would always regret leaving. i would see pictures of those kids, their smiling faces, and feel as if i had abandoned them. i would allow myself to fail, and i couldn't live with myself after that. so here i stay..
four more weeks :)


in the meantime...
this afternoon i ran out the front door to make a stop at the store quick before dinner. it was raining and i was wearing flip flops, which made for a bad combination on old wooden steps. the second step and i had already wiped out and i slid down the rest of the stairs. ouch.

there were two older women across the street who saw the fall and watched to make sure i was okay, probably holding in their laughter the whole time. i'm sure it was a funny sight. even i laughed a little bit, as i lifted myself back up, only to wince in pain and take a breather for a minute on the bottom step.

this is the story behind my now painfully colorful backside. ha.

tomorrow is field trip day. we are going to a water park... where i will slide down things on my butt. a painful day, i'm sure it will be. ouch. :)

No comments: