"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, March 21, 2010

looking back

this week i looked back at my old xanga site.
my goodness how much things have changed since then.  how much I have changed since then.

seeing myself now, i don't see much change, but only in looking back do i see how much my thoughts have shifted.  this may or may not be a positive change, but it's real nonetheless.  I find myself dwelling on superficial things now, not spiritual things.  it's as if my faith has been shifting, ever so slowly, to a back burner where it can sit until the water finally boils and i hear the whistling from the kettle.  but for now, i can ignore it.  that's kind of the attitude i've had recently.

i'm considering picking up an ESL certification to with my masters of education that i'm working on.  apparently (and i suppose i had heard this before) schools won't hire you if you don't have an extra endorsement because you're not as useful to them and not as qualified.  therefore, i may have to be in school an extra semester or two to finish that up.  but i'm just considering it.

last quad i was just fine with my homework... i read everything i was supposed to, and suddenly this quad the work is tripled and i just don't know how i'm going to get it all done!  i suppose i just have to learn, again, how to be disciplined.  i guess that would mean utilizing the ability that i already possess from undergrad.  this is going to mean a lot of time at starbucks getting all of this reading/assignments done.

my family is going to north dakota over Easter weekend to see grandma and grandpa again.  we're just afraid that grandpa will have another stroke, because he might not make it through another.  i may or may not be able to go... some things still need to be worked out.  if i stay in chicago, it would be the first time that i didn't spend Easter with family... sigh.

i need to keep reading.  i'm reading about puberty and reflecting upon my own.  what a great assignment, reliving all of those terrible middle school memories...

No comments: