"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

driving time

this weekend i had about twelve hours of driving time.  and by "driving time" i mean thinking time.  as it turns out, when i have time to actually look at my life (instead of just frantically living it) i find that i'm not nearly as content with it as a lead myself to believe.

the idea of still being in classes in the fall makes me want to vomit.  the thought of reading the entire 3000-page norton anthology of british literature by the end of august (on top of the norton anthology of american literature) makes me want to quit grad school.  don't get me wrong, i love literature but it's the heinous amount of work involved in the courses that makes me seriously reconsider my career path.  i find myself thinking that i should just teach in an elementary school because it would make my masters program far far easier than the secondary ed track.

someday i'll have this all figured out.  by then, i may already have finished my masters, but hey... i'll at least have it figured out :)

No comments: