"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a little clorox does the trick.

I clean when I'm stressed.
Our kitchen is now spotless.

Sometimes this cleaning is therapeutic.  Usually the cleaning is overdue anyways.  It gives me time to think, to calm down, to just relax and take out my aggression on the burnt residue on our pans, or on the grease spots on the stove.  Whatever the case, it is usually beneficial for me to clean.

If I can just make it until I go to bed tonight, I'll be fine.  The next four days will be a much-needed break from real life.  Visiting with old friends is a form of living in the past that is actually acceptable.  Unlike the 50-year-old men who walk around with t-shirts of bands from the 70s, mullets, baggy, white-washed jeans, and their high-school letterman jackets that are clearly 50-pounds of body mass too small.

No comments: