"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, September 30, 2010

rest for the weary.

I wake up at 5am every weekday.  While I try to take my mornings slowly and relax a little in order to wake up gradually, I am beginning to feel weary.  So much life happens when I work that by the time I get home at night, I'm exhausted.  I can't fully enjoy the time I spend with my roommates, with other friends, or going out, because my days start so early.

This weekend I went camping with Mariah and Andrea.  While I spent less than 24 hours at the campground, it was enough.  Sitting on pieces of firewood around a small fire with two of the most beautiful girls I know made for good conversation and a renewed spirit.

When I'm at my apartment, I often bombard myself with music and television, not allowing myself the joy of silence.  This needs to change for the sake of my sanity and for the girls that I take care of every day.  They deserve a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Miss Erin, not a grumpy, sleepy, my-mind-has-been-awake-so-long-it-already-shut-down one.

Good night, moon. :)

No comments: