"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"do you not trust me?"

Through the last couple months of indecision and uncertainty (that nearly killed my soul), the resounding lesson was: "Do you not remember what I have brought you through?  Do you not trust me?"

Only when I remembered that I am here for a purpose, God has not forgotten, and I don't need to worry so much - did something like this fall into my lap.

Discipleship/mentorship has always had my heart.  Hurting teens have grasped my time and energy in countless situations, and I would love for it to be a part of my life.  The hard part is that I don't feel ready (whatever that means..) to go into a specific profession at this point.

A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail as a response to an inquiry I had sent to a particular residential treatment facility.  The response, however, was from an organization I had never heard of, but apparently works in conjunction with this facility.  A one-year, paid program in which I receive one-on-one mentorship, live in a tight community of other people who love Jesus too, live with hurting teens who are grasping for the Lord, and gain some experience in the field that I think I want to pursue?  God must have orchestrated this, for there is no other way.

After an interview process, I am officially accepted to this program.  The first week of March, I will be moving to Kansas City, Missouri to do a program called Doulos Discipleship.  Check out their website to learn more about who that are and what they do.  You won't regret it. :)

Let us raise a glass to taking this next step.

No comments: