"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Friday, January 14, 2011

crossing off that list.

The brilliant Albert Einstein once said:
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."

For me, this means staying up really late watching clips on hulu, perhaps some episodes of the latest released tv shows on netflix, or possibly even playing Tetris Battle on Facebook, then waking up late the next morning, feeling like I have wasted the day, as there are only a few hours left before I have to go to work.

So why do I stay up late?  Perhaps I could blame YouTube, thus blaming the internet, ultimately blaming Al Gore and the liberal left.  Or I could take real responsibility and say that I lack self-discipline.

Confession complete.
Solution?  Well, if I go to bed at 11 every night, then I will wake up refreshed at a decent hour.  Simple solution, or so it seems.  Because after a few days of devotion to this routine, I will inevitably take my computer into my bedroom at night and the cycle repeats.  Insanity?  Unfortunately.

----------
Since my stay in Chicago will end three weeks earlier than I had expected, I have a lot of catch-up to do on my list of things to do before I leave.

Scheduled to be accomplished?  Second City.  Blue Man Group.  The Chinese place a few blocks away.
Free admission to the Chicago History Museum on Mondays.
Free week at the Shedd Aquarium next week.
Free admission to the Adler Planetarium the following week.
Three more Waterhouse nights with the girls.
Several coffee shops for a new morning reading routine.

The list of things I still-want-to-do-but-haven't-the-time continues.  But someday?  Oh, someday.  I WILL do them all!

No comments: