"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, March 6, 2011

i press on.

Who knew that it would start this way?
Last night, I spent time with Kristi and Sam, friends from Northwestern.  Conveniently, they live in Cedar Rapids, which is exactly halfway between Green Bay and Kansas City, so I was able to spend the night there!  Playing games with them and other Northwestern alumni was a good time to reminisce.

But I had a headache through the entire night of games.  I ignored it and woke up with a dry throat and a cough, which led to an other headache and now chills.  Who wants to move to a new city, start a new thing, a hard thing, no less, when they're sick?  Yeah, me neither.

Within the first hour, one of the teens who I share a room with swore at me (repeatedly), ordered me to leave, threatened to pierce her nipples if I didn't, and told me to find her some pot.  And that was just one girl.

Okay.
This is what I signed up for.  What else did I expect?  These kids are here for a reason.  They need love - they need stability - they need Jesus.

So here I sit in Panera, about 20 minutes from the facility, eating dinner, processing what just happened, and trying to take on a new perspective.  Will you pray with me for strength?  To depend on God?

Hosea 6:3 says: "Press on to know the Lord and as surely as the coming of the dawn, He will respond."
I press on.

No comments: