"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

to find the one.

"It's like someone saying, 'I hid one silver dollar under one stone in this whole forest.  Go find it!'"

That's what this morning felt like, as SJ and I scoured the woods behind property for yet another runaway.  This one is a little closer to home, more near and dear to my heart, since it's the little who lives in my room.  Not only is she "my little" because she lives in my room, but I was with her just moments before she ran out the back door not to be seen again.

Found tonight by the grace of Jesus down on the Plaza (10 hours after she left property... only by God was this possible!), she was entirely apathetic about it all.  She's at a point where she doesn't care at all about what she did, doesn't care at all what happens next, and doesn't care that she doesn't care.  So sad.

After the beginning statement was made in the woods this morning, I joked in response, "Nah, it's like leaving the 99 behind to find the one."  As much as I was just being a cheeseball and making a joke, it was true.

The entire staff split up in groups nearly all day to search for her.  Why?  Because we care about her.  Because we love her.  And she still decides to wander off.  Can she not see how much people care about her?  Does she not know that she is unconditionally loved and accepted?  If only she knew Jesus...

The same is true of all the girls.  If they could accept God's unconditional love for them, their issues would be fixed.

It's all a process..

(P.S. I bet the title of this post made you think it was going to be about marriage, didn't it?  Tricked you!  bahaha)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

yep, totally thought it was going to be about marriage. haha.

thanks for sharing. it's powerful when life the way we live it reflects those profound stories of scripture that can feel so far away and "impossible." Would he REALLY leave the 99 to go find the one?...

Kelly said...

Yep, I thought it was going to be about marriage and that maybe you'd met somebody out there - you little stinker ;-)