"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Resting in His promises.

Five days until I will be heading back to Green Bay.  Not for good, as I once thought, but until the new year.  This break is considerably longer than the rest, and I am eager to actually feel some rest that lasts longer than the three or so days of my normal breaks.

All this to say that I'm ready for a break.

You know what else I'm ready for?
To be back here two weeks later and start in a new position :)

That's right, I'm staying at Shelterwood for another year under the title "Residential Intern."
It's a pretty cush position, really.  It's 45 or so hours per week.  45.  Right now we work 80+.  I can have a life that's a little bit more "normal," more scheduled, more... free.  And I am excited for it.

The position is designed in such a way that I still have time on coverage in the house, but I get to disciple the Bigs and help with administrative tasks - things that I've been wanting to do, but haven't had the opportunity nor the energy for.

God is faithful, is He not?
I knew months ago that I wanted to stay here for more than a year.  I just.. knew that I would.  Then all of the positions I thought I might move into were filled or eliminated and it seemed a hopeless cause.  But God is certainly not hopeless and His promises are for real.

2 comments:

Matt K said...

Sounds great -really excited for you and your new year!

Lindsaycaddel said...

This is perfect for you:)