"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a new year.

2012.
It's a new year and new job and a new schedule and a new.. everything, it seems.

What an exciting time it is in this ministry!  God is doing some incredible things, and I am anxious to see where it all leads and how He will use it to further His Kingdom and bring healing to these teens (and to the staff, praise God).

The new Big Brothers and Sisters arrived last week.  Let me tell you, they are God-sends.  So very different from one another and from the Bigs we already have, we will all come together to form a pretty excellent team, I think.

And my role is different now, as I mentioned a few weeks ago.  I get to still spend time on coverage in the house with the Little Sisters, as I did before.  I also get to take Bigs out on one-on-ones.  Which means intentional time to care for them over a cup of coffee or a soup and salad.  It's so neat to hear their hearts and just.. be there for the Bigs, old and new.  It seems like I am seeing whole new sides of them, now that I have the energy and brainpower to devote to them.  I. Love. This.

Not only that, but the task-oriented side of me gets satisfied through administrative tasks for the office.  Somehow, I find a sense of accomplishment when I complete a project or a to-do list, and this piece of my position helps me to feel that.

And THEN.  Well, I'm working on a small group curriculum for the Little Sisters that the Bigs can lead.  And finally my background in Bible, in youth ministry, AND in education/curriculum development come crashing together into this residential context.

All this to say that I love how God orchestrated all of this.  I love that the things I have studied are being used for God's glory.  I love that I get a good mix of many different things, but most importantly, that I get to spend so much time with Bigs.  Seriously.


I don't really know what the purpose of this post was, except to, perhaps, share in my excitement.  God is good and He is faithful to do what He says He will do.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Erin I am so excited and happy for you! You are PERFECT it seems for this position! Woo Hoo!!!