"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"help my unbelief"

somehow andrea's words seem to resonate so deeply within me, that i can do nothing but let her speak for herself:

Hope and sorrow, strangely, seem to live together, don’t they? Faith doesn’t eliminate experiences of doubt. But doubt doesn’t eliminate faith, either (or, should I clarify, it doesn't necessarily eliminate faith). We might find ourselves in seasons of life that produce prayers like, “I believe, Lord. But help my unbelief.”

and so it is with me.  there have been so many times the last few months that i have prayed that very prayer:  "I believe, Lord.  But help my unbelief."

i can't say much more, as i'm supposed to be writing my philosophy of education right now.  it's no small feat, i must admit, though knowing that it is merely an ungraded first draft does not inspire me to put all my effort into it.  i know, i know.. it's a crucial piece of who i am as an educator, but i won't finish grad school for almost two years.  i have plenty of time :)