"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

goodbyes.

Today was the last day I worked for the Lane family.

As I played with the kids today, I couldn't help but think that it was the last time I will ever see them.  Sure, there may be occasional visits, but never on a regular basis like it has been.  How much did they grow and learn since I've taken care of them?  Have I actually made a difference in their lives?  What have I taught them that will stick with them?  Anything?

I just pray that these kids will know Jesus someday.  To grow up in a family that wants you to succeed at all costs with your motivation being only the money and prestige that success brings... is a meaningless existence.  I pray for these boys so often, and I'm just glad that I'm passing them off to more capable, Christian hands.

Wouldn't it be wonderful for all children to grow up learning a biblical worldview?  If only...

No comments: