"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, August 22, 2010

looking back.

journal entry:
"September 1, 2005
Since I last wrote, I really have been praying for God's will to reveal itself.  And WOW! Has it ever!  I want to go to Bible School.  YES, I wrote that right:  Bible School.  No more elementary ed. crap for me after this year.  Studying the Bible is the most intriguing, satisfying, eternally rewarding thing that I could possibly do!"

My oh my.  I was at Northwestern not even two weeks before I wrote that, I already knew I needed to leave.

And then I did, in fact, go to a Bible college.  The rest of the entry would have been a good encouraging reminder for me during my time there.  If only I would have remembered this entry when I really didn't want to be there, when I doubted my decision to transfer - maybe it would have changed my perspective.  All in hindsight..

No comments: