"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

establish my steps.

I have always been a problem-solver, a fixer, and a planner, so when I find myself in a place of such uncertainty, my instinct is to make plans.  NOW.

It has always made sense to me:  Make plans for the future, dream big, figure out how to get there, and take the steps necessary to ensure that the goal is reached.  Suddenly, however, I don't know what that big dream is, thus there is no goal.

Living a life of faith means taking the steps when God shows them.  Proverbs 16:9 says "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."  I need to just take those steps in faith, knowing that God will lead me where He wants me to go.  He will establish my steps, regardless where I think they will lead.


Oy.  Lord, grant me faith.

No comments: