"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

a good latte.

There are times when I miss the sound of the El overhead.  Days when I wish I would hear people speaking other languages.  I miss cultural diversity and the beauty of one's story that comes along with it.  A city full of creatively designed buildings, parks beautifully landscaped and a rich history to make it all come together.  Chicago will always and forever hold a special place in my heart.  I appreciate so much more the hustle and bustle of city life when I haven't been engulfed in it for the last two months.

But at this moment what I really miss are the small, locally-owned coffeeshops and their equally stellar lattes.  Chains just don't make them the same.  With lines out the door, they can't take the time to properly steam the milk so that the froth is poured properly and distributed throughout the drink.  I just really like a good latte.  And it's hard to find here.

I've been so encouraged by the other Bigs the last few days.  I'm thankful for new friends here, and a God who doesn't waver.

No comments: