"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Saturday, May 14, 2011

itty bitty reminder.

I realize that my last post was scattered.  A quote that didn't directly relate to the content, and a closer that had nothing to do with anything else either.  It was demonstrative of my state of mind as I wrote it, I suppose.

Today, however, my mind is more clear.
Last weekend was tough, but I was repeatedly reminded of how much I need Jesus.  How dependent I am on Him.  How much I don't have control.  How much more I should trust Him.

This weekend has been hilarious and interesting and all-around a good time off.  A friend got his belly button pierced while waiting for me to talk to a tattoo artist.  Yes, a man got his belly button pierced.  The logic behind it?  "I think it's ridiculous and stupid when girls get theirs pierced, so this is my way of getting back at them!"  Um... what?!

Then.  I got turned down by a tattoo artist who didn't want to do the tattoo that I wanted.  Why?  Well, he said that when I walk around, the cross will be upside-down which is a satanic symbol.  Regardless the fact that when I look at it, it's right-side up, and it's my own reminder of who I am in Christ, he said he wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that he had put that tattoo on someone's arm and others could perceive it as satanic.

So we went to a different place where the girl was more than willing to do it.  But that guy's persistence, his ferocity in sticking to his convictions.. it was admirable.  He refused to do something that he perceived as wrong.

All this to say... I got a tattoo!  Here it is:
This little cross will be my always and forever reminder of where my identity lies.  He is written on my heart and directs my steps.  He guides my hands and penetrates my thoughts.  He has changed me.  He has redeemed me.  He is an always and forever part of who I am.

So this is my itty bitty visual representation of that.
I'm so glad this finally happened.

I also watched part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tonight - a 90s-era staple, coupled with some fabulous burgers (why oh why do I forget how awful my stomach feels after eating red meat??  I'm dying slowly from the stomach out..)

And then we celebrated a few birthdays.

All in all, a successful day off.

Mission for my "free time" this week:
Figure out a way to renew my Illinois license plate while living out of state without changing the address on my registration to the proper one (out of state) to which all the paperwork needs to be sent, because they won't send it to an out of state address.  I can't change my plates to Missouri without paying a personal property tax on the car (way too expensive).  I can't change them to Wisconsin without buying new plates either, which costs more than I can spend on a little sticker that says I can drive my vehicle for another year.

Superficial update over.

No comments: