"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, August 25, 2011

the greatest birthday gift. ever.

Yesterday was my birthday.
And while I can't say that it was the worst birthday I've ever had (that would be my 19th, hands down), there really wasn't a whole lot to celebrate this year.  Things kept going wrong, I was an emotional wreck, and I was continually put in a place where I was working like crazy and didn't have a whole lot of support around me.

Until one of the Littles decided that instead of a group going out to play sand volleyball, they would buy ice cream and have a birthday party for me.  It was so sweet..

They all went around and told me what they would give me for my birthday if money and circumstance weren't issues.  It revealed to me just how well each of the girls knows me.  One gave me my dream car (um.  I don't even have one of those, and I'm content driving anything that runs and is reliable.).  One gave me a shopping spree (no thanks?).

But one girl...  One girl said, "Erin, I would give you a wonderful Christian man who loves you and loves Jesus, who has a stable job and a home in the suburbs of Chicago where you can see the skyline and be a part of the city life, but where you can still see the stars and have open space."

Ohhhh, that girl knows me.  Every piece of that sounds just... wonderful.  And yes, it would be one of the most incredible birthday gifts I could ever get.  We combined all of the girls' gifts to make the most phenomenal birthday ever.  Here is what I remember of it:

I would go on a shopping spree to buy new clothes and choose a new iPhone, so that I could use a day off to book a flight (on a ticket that never expired and can be used multiple times to wherever I want) on my new iPad to go to Chicago where I would arrive to my dream car which I would drive to the suburbs to meet that wonderful Christian man.  We would own a new home, and have our own genie to grant our every wish.

Sounds like a pretty great birthday gift, if you ask me.
Now if only it would really happen...

No comments: