"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, August 25, 2011

sleep deprivation.

This is a different place.

New Littles, new Bigs, new procedures, and new schedules have created an environment that is so vastly different from that of a month ago.

Like right now, I'm still awake at 5:30am on night watch.  I sit drinking the very Red Bull that I once loathed, the Red Bull that I once said tasted like urine and now it's the one thing keeping me awake through this night of every-15-minute checks on the girls' rooms.  It's a new thing in our schedule, and I think I like it (except that I've had to resort to Red Bull to get me through it).

It's too early in the morning to write a real post.  So this is it, I guess.
At 6:30 I'll be going to bed.  And I look forward to it.  A whole lot.

I think this is the first and last night watch post that I write, as it so very clearly has no content except that of a deranged, overtired, caffeinated, stressed, emotional night watch perpetrator.
Good night and good morning.

No comments: