"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, August 14, 2011

meet my friends.

I would like to introduce you to my friends.
Brooke and Jen have been awesome here at Shelterwood.  Not only have they been my music gurus, they are an emotional support.  They, and several others, cry with me, laugh with me, and make my time here really something bearable/wonderful.  I love them.  So much.

It is post-summer break here and things are pretty fine.  Yesterday was spent at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Krispy Kreme, putting on ridiculous fake tattoos, picnicking at the park, playing sand volleyball, and painting.  Sound fantastic?  Well, it was.  And today we all went to Redeemer Fellowship for church (only the church that I wish I could be more involved with and the one where the preaching reminds me of New Community Covenant Church in Chicago).  Having a "family lunch" at Chipotle followed by some time at the Plaza (mostly Barnes and Noble) was everything that we all needed today.  An hour-long all-house rest time, a quiet dinner, root beer floats and a night swim made for a great ending to a weekend that continues all week long!

Now that I've given a nearly minute-by-minute summary of my weekend, I think I'm going to sign off for the night.  Feel free to give me a minute-by-minute summary of your weekend too, since that's the new cool (narcissistic?) thing to do.

1 comment:

Matt K said...

Minute-by-minute summary complete: http://beautyinthebroken.com/2011/08/getting-away/