"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Thursday, August 18, 2011

change.

It's inevitable.
Things change, people change, and directions change.

The important thing is to seek after the Lord in all of it.  To pray for adaptability because things are not stable.
I've made a sort of idol of stability.  I desire it more than anything.  Even as I look at my future, I dream in a way that shows me having a house and a family, a husband who has a stable job, or at least having one myself.

It's okay to dream.  I know this.  But I turn it into a plan.  My plan.  Not God's.

To desire God more than I do stability is difficult, but it must stem from knowing and loving this God.  To know Him is to believe in Him, and to believe in Him is to trust Him.  To trust means to rely completely on His promises as good and right and true.

Dream.  But let God be God in and through your dreams.
(this is a message/reminder to myself as well...)

No comments: