"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Sunday, October 18, 2009

home.

meet my family. ashleigh, kristen, daniel, timothy, me, grandma, and grandpa.
(notice the packer game on the tv screen. ha.)
side note: i think it's funny that we always take family pictures in front of our big family picture that hangs over the fireplace.


i'm at home for the weekend.. a great time with my family.
my grandparents are visiting, too! my mom's parents, the ones from north dakota. they are some of the most caring people i know. my grandpa, the most patient. my grandma, the cutest. meet them:

tonight my dad was burning the video camera material onto a dvd. my grandpa was watching to figure out what this new gadget could do. grandma said to me, "well, they'd better be careful with all that electricity! why, just one little spark could cause a fire!" my mom and i had a good secret laugh over it.

i love my grandparents so much. which is also why it's so hard to see them age. grandma is just so forgetful. within five minutes, she asked three times if we wanted her to lock things up for the night. just an example of her forgetfulness.

on saturday night, we all had dinner together and grandpa made potato balls! they're like dumplings with small pieces of ham in the middle. you eat them with bacon, on the side, and the bacon grease poured over the top of the potato balls. it may sound a little sickening, but it's actually amazing. really. here's grandpa hard at work:
mom made the bacon. grandpa took about 2 minutes of staring at it to finally decide not to eat any bacon before sitting down for dinner. it took a little encouraging from his wife. ha.

anyways, we play cards. lots and lots of cards. and scrabble. one thing i love about my family is their love for games. unless maybe i love games because i was brought up with them? probably both.

well. that's the saga so far.
two more days :) tomorrow is full of appointments before i'm kicked off my parents' insurance. and writing a paper. meh.
i like the comfortableness of home. hm.

i hope your weekends have been wonderful, too :)

No comments: