"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Friday, October 29, 2010

winter presses ever closer.

The family that I work with will soon have a new addition to the bunch! In the next week or so, John Luther, Jr. will be born.  It's exciting to be able to help take care of another precious child.  This will be the fourth in the family.  Not quite a quiverful, but close.

As much as I enjoy where I am and what I'm doing, there is another great period of transition coming up.  After the baby is born and routine develops, the family will most likely no longer need full-time help.  My lease is up at the end of February (though I do have another place in Chicago to live after that if I want/need).  I want to pursue something different.  Some "real" work experience.  Perhaps in Chicago, perhaps in Omaha, St. Louis, or Green Bay... I don't know.  The uncertainty is driving me a little crazy.

This time last year I felt the same way and jumped into a graduate program without really thinking through it.  sigh.  Will this transition be just another bump in the cycle of me changing my mind?

On a different note, I had breakfast today with a dear friend.  It was the kind of time that I wrote about a few days ago - timelessness.  We enjoyed every moment, thought deeply, evaluated ourselves and the culture in which we live with hardly a regard for the amount of time we spent.  It was nice, refreshing, and exactly the right way to end a week.

I will be spending a few more days in Green Bay soon.  Another friend getting baptized (Praise the Lord!).  My family returning from North Dakota.  And lots of quality reading time until then.  I enjoy my time there.

Farewell for now, my friends.  Enjoy your evening. :)

No comments: