"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

chocolate keys.

On Saturday evening, I packed up for my trip to Green Bay.  Before I left the apartment, I took a few chocolate-covered raisins to eat on the road.  Before I arrived at my parents' house, I stopped at the park to take a walk and look at the stars that I don't usually get to see in a lit-up city.  It was cold outside.  Really cold.  So into my pockets my hands went.

After sitting in the pocket of my white jacket for about four hours, I discovered that chocolate-covered raisins do not survive quite so long.  It was a little embarrassing, then, to find that the chocolate had not only melted into all surfaces of my pocket, but also into the crevices of my keys.  My car key is the kind that you press a button and the key flips out.  But when chocolate has hardened in those little gaps?  Well, let's just say the key doesn't flip out, and I was effectively chocolate-d out of my car.  Ugh.

I was a little embarrassed.  Good thing it was late, dark, and nobody was around as I picked out the chocolate from my key.

Is this not something I should have learned when I was five?  Never again will I put chocolate in my pocket.  Never again.

No comments: