"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Monday, September 26, 2011

process.

This afternoon I began to write a goodbye letter to one of my dearest Littles.  She left this weekend and is coming back to graduate the program on Monday.  I already miss her like crazy.  Funny how one person can bring such joy to one's life, to a group home of lives.

Process.  As I write her letter, the pervading thought is that it's a process.  A process of becoming, you could say.  For this particular graduate, but for all of us, too.

We are constantly changing, continually becoming more ourselves, more of who God created us to be.  If you wanted to be all technical and theological, I suppose the word would be sanctification.  But the point is the same - God pursues us and brings us to grow in Him to be the people He created us to be.  That doesn't end once we have a degree; it doesn't end when we finish Bible college or even when we finally get the job we've always wanted.  No - it is a process.  One that continues through each stage of our life, shaping us.

Lord, push me to be more of the person who you've created me to be.

No comments: