"dream great dreams and find the courage to live them"

-erwin mcmanus

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

year by year.

About this time last year, I was in this same place.  The year before that?  The same place:
Evaluating options for the future.  Praying over the future.

Where am I supposed to go and what am I supposed to do?
This year has opened my eyes to so many ways and places where God is working and I want to keep being a part of it.  But where?

Part of me wants to continue working in residential care, just in a different position than I'm in now.
Part of me wants to move back to the city.
Another part wants to pick a place, set roots there, and just.. live well in the day to day.
And then there's a part that wants to return to be with my family, to be where I spent most of my life.  To live simply and to live intentionally in a place where I used to just rush through in an attempt to make my leaving come more quickly.


And the Lord directs our steps..


"Because I'll never hold a picture of the whole horizon in my view,
Because I'll never rip the night in two,
It makes me wonder
Who am I?
Who am I and Great are You."

No comments: